Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Games

One of Darek's favorite games is "Go to sleep with me"; it's second to "Get Me" which is just chasing him down the hall. It's amazing that he can pretend to sleep so well, but getting him to sleep for real is a nightmare!
 

 

The daily bathroom mess. I either need to get up early enough to get ready before Mia's up, or let her scream outside the bathroom door while I get ready. Neither sounds very appealing, so instead I pick up the contents of my bathroom drawers and cabinets every single day.
 
Posted by Picasa


It's been a busy week:
-we had playgroup at our house; Darek's had lots of friends over to play (we've been helping some other moms get a break :); Darek smashed Mia's hand in the door and we went to get x-rays (it's fine but majorly swollen and bruised). And just to make sure that things stay tricky I realized that I had somehow thrown a dirty diaper into the washing machine with a load of laundry (I realized it when I was pulling the clothes out to put them in the dryer - awesome surprise); Darek emptied out our garbage can onto the living room floor so that he could play "Garbage Truck" with one of his toy trucks; Mia has peed on the carpet more than once (everytime I change her diaper, she's off like a rocket as soon as I get her diaper off - I'm going to have to start sitting on her). And the general disorder of our house continues. But since I've become resigned to it, I'm a much happier person than I was a few months ago. Just another day in Paradise, right?