Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Mia!

I realized today that it's possible that birthdays are more for the mom than the child. Everytime I look at Mia today I think about being pregnant with her and the moment she was delivered and bringing her home from the hospital and how she changed our lives. I love having a day to remember it all!

These are the things that stand out about 1 year old Mia:

-She really is a monkey; we have to securely strap her into everything or she will get/fall out. Grocery store carts are dangerous because the buckles aren't enough to keep her down. She turns around in the seat, stands halfway up and growls at people (happily). Plus she gets into EVERYTHING. Her latest game is to throw things into the toilet when I'm not looking. Our bathroom is a constant disaster.
-The growling definitely gets attention. She does it all the time!
-Blayne says she's like me because she's so happy for the most part, but goes from calm to screeching in no time.
-Her first word was "Dada" and the only other word she's added is "Daddy." She absolutely loves her daddy and he is completely wrapped around her finger. When I tell him that she's driving me crazy, he says, "I cannot believe that little angel would do anything wrong."
-She's very clingy.
-She's little (or at least she looks it). People always say, "How old is she? Like 8 months?" But the truth is, she's right on track for her age.
-She completely holds her own with Darek.
-She is happy to laugh or smile for anyone who will look her way.

She is our little angel and we are absolutely in love with her!

 

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa