Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter fun

I should've realized by now that there's a huge difference between the way I picture how things will go in my mind and reality.
Saturday was absolutely beautiful. We haven't taken our kids outside to play in the snow at all, so we thought it would be perfect. We borrowed a sled from the neighbors and I thought Darek would be in heaven going down hills and being pulled by his dad. Nope. All he wanted to do was pull the dumb old sled behind him along the shovelled sidewalk. And after 15 minuted he wanted to go inside.

The two minutes Darek sat in the sled being terribly annoyed.
 

Mia's turn.
 

Reality.
 

This is Darek, "going to work." He gets Blayne's wedding ring, an old watch, and a "briefcase" and comes to tell me he's going to work. He leaves the room for a few minutes and then comes back in the room to tell me "I'm home!" And I cheer and hug him. It really is a cute game.
 
Posted by Picasa