Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Old Navy

While I do think that Old Navy has decent prices on decent kids' clothes, I can't stand going in there with both of my kids. I only have a single stroller which means Mia gets the seat and Darek walks. Old Navy has so many trinkets and toys at the front of the store (balls, keychains, piggy banks, umbrellas,etc.) that it's torture trying to get Darek to leave those alone and follow me.
We went last night and Darek talked loudly and non-stop about every item at the front of the store. Several people had started to pay attention to him, and then he arrived at the mannequins placed at the front of the store. There was a mannequin dog placed next to the mannequin people. Darek yelled, "I wanna kiss the doggy mama!" So he walked over and started kissing the dog all over it's head. Then he picked up the toy bone off the floor in front of the dog and licked it from one end to the other. Disgusting. There were probably 15 people watching, including employees, and I wasn't sure what move to make. I didn't want to buy the dumb bone, but Darek had licked it all over with witnesses! Welp, I decided that since the bone had been on the floor anyway, Darek was at least as bad off as the bone. We left the store and we'll be back when Darek's 20.