Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Halloween

Darek is giving me a run for my money lately, mainly because he is on Mia like white on rice. Whatever she picks up, he takes away. Whenever she's nearby, he pushes her over. Other than when they're napping, it is constant. It's driving me crazy! He's spending a good amount of time in timeout.

Here's several things about the kids that I want to remember at this stage:

Darek; 2 years, 8 months

-He loves to tease. Like if I say "How's my boy?" He'll say, "No, I'm Daddy's Boy" with a huge grin (and he says the opposite to Blayne). Or he'll tell me he wants to give me kisses and when I lean close enough he'll blow raspberries on my face.
-One of his favorite things to do is play hide and seek with Daddy
-He enjoys playing with other kids, especially older kids (as I think most toddlers do).
-He likes trucks and tools
-His favorite show is "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
-He is very bossy
-He definitely requires a gentle touch and kind persuasion. The more he is pushed or the more demanding I am, the more he digs in his heels. He will go to his room a hundred times rather than be pushed against his will. Little things like changing his diaper can be very delicate.
-He is my little love

Mia; 9 months

-She is amazingly easygoing and generally very happy
-She squeals and laughs when Blayne comes home from work. She crawls around after him all over the house.
-She plays on her own and entertains herself really well
-Her sweet demeanor belies the fact that she gets into Everything. She turns over garbage cans, unrolls toilet paper, emptys out drawers and cabinets.
-She's going through a stage of major stranger anxiety and screams when anyone, other than Blayne or I, hold her.
-She is truly a little doll baby.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa