Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Date

Friday marked 6 years since Blayne and I went on our first date. We were both working at the MTC at the time and had served in the same mission. As missionaries, Blayne thought I was chubby (which I was) and I thought he was full of himself (which he was). We worked the same shift at the MTC and our classrooms were two doors down from each other so we talked everyday. After a month and a half of working together, Blayne called me up on a Wednesday night and this is how it went:

Blayne: Steve and I are going to grab some dinner on Friday. Do you want to go?
Me: Sure.
Blayne: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Me: Ready for what?
Blayne: A date.
Me: A date? Let's not call it that.

I enjoyed hanging out with Blayne at work and I didn't want it to turn into anything more than that. But off we went on our first date on October 10, 2003. We went to eat at a small restaurant in downtown Provo with Blayne's cousin Steve and his date. After eating we went bowling. I had to admit that it was the most comfortable first date I had ever been on. We talked and talked and talked. We had a few stops and starts in our relationship after that, but we were engaged by mid-January.

So Blayne and I went to dinner on Friday night to reminisce about that first date and how far we've come. We laughed hysterically (tears running down my face) and ended up running multiple errands in an effort to stay out together as long as possible. I've certainly ended up with the man of my dreams.

Hermana Holloway and Hermano Andersen - showin' up for our shift at the MTC
 

Back when we were dating.
 
Posted by Picasa