Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blayne took me on the most romantic date this week - we had a candlelit dinner for two at the top of a tower with rose petals, romantic music...the works. I don't think we've had such a romantic date since before we were married - in fact, we haven't had any dates at all in months!

I get so caught up in feeling like a housekeeper, it was nice to feel like a wife.

In more boring news, we have had a contractor here this week working on our basement and it has been a hoot. He turns his radio up so loud that it makes the floor vibrate and I can hear it throughout the entire house. The reason I haven't asked him to turn it down is the same reason I don't complain at restaurants: if you complain at a restaurant, they might spit in your food; if you complain to a contractor...well I don't know what he could do, but I'm sure he could think of something. The reason it's been a hoot is because not only can I hear his loud music, but he sings at the top of his lungs while he works. I get a kick out of the fact that while he's down there doing very monotonous work (texturing the walls), he's enjoying himself. Sometimes I even sing along too :)

After having snow last weekend, we've been very grateful to have beautiful weather for a couple of days. Blayne and I took Darek to the zoo today and it was wonderful.



We've taken him to the zoo several times and every time we go, his favorite thing to do is chase the ducks. He laughs hysterically.