Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oldest Child

Darek monitors what Mia does. He mostly calls her "Baby" and lets me know if she's too close to the street, if she's climbed up on the table, if she's made a mess, etc.

There are three nurseries in our ward. Mia was supposed to come to the one that I teach while Darek was assigned to a different one. When he realized that she was going to a different nursery, he cried and said, "I want my Baby..." so now they go together.

At Family Night this week Blayne was helping Darek pray - Darek repeated exactly what Blayne said until Blayne said, "Bless Mia that she'll be a good girl." Darek repeated, "Bless Baby that she'll be the Best girl."

Don't get me wrong, Darek knocks her down and takes toys and jostles her for attention, but he is ultimately her protector.

Giving Baby a ride on his scooter.
 



Mutual adoration