Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big week

Darek finally pooped in the toilet and he started pre-school: Best Week Ever.
After his first poop in the toilet, we gave high fives and hugs, etc., then I told him it was time to flush it. He got upset and said, "No don't flush it, I love my poop. He's my friend, he's like a fish." The poop was a "he"? So I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture of it before we flushed it and he said yes. We took about 6 pictures, some of the poop by itself and then Darek wanted to get in some of the pictures with "him". Darek asked to look at the pictures several more times that night. It was a very proud day for all of us.

And then Darek started pre-school. I didn't take any pictures of his first day because he was nervous and I didn't want to make it seem like a bigger deal than it already was by pulling out the camera. School is just two hours a day/3 days a week. It's just a few houses down the road and his teacher is wonderful. He's still getting used to it. On the second day of school he told me he wasn't going - that he would go when he was "taller". But we talked him into it. I'm sure he'll absolutely love it in a few days.

Mia got SillyBandz in the mail from cousin Alex and Aunt Katy. No instructions needed on this one.
 

We're still spending all of our time outside. Please let it last!
 
Posted by Picasa