Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bragging Alert

Blayne and I ran in a local 5k this morning and I was the first female finisher and the 5th finisher overall; the best part though, was that I beat Blayne :) To be fair, he ran a half marathon last Saturday and a 10k the Saturday before that, both of which are way too long for me. In fact, I was dry heaving with about a half mile left to go today. As I passed the one girl in front of me (at about 15 yards from the finish line) I totally almost threw up. I'm sure that grossing her out helped my strategy to get past her.
This picture was taken with my phone:
 


Darek started sleeping in his new bed last Saturday (we haven't moved the crib out yet). He's actually been great about just staying in his bed, but two days ago he chose the floor instead (pictured below). Today Blayne put him down for a nap and he came out of his room 30 minutes later. Blayne put him back in his room and told him that he couldn't come out until Daddy came to get him. We went to his room an hour and a half later and he was asleep on the floor right next to his bedroom door - as if he had accidentally fallen asleep while waiting for Daddy to come get him.
 

Blayne is out tonight on a ride along with one of our neighbors who is a highway patrolman. He's been wanting to go for awhile and he made sure to wear his running shoes in case he has to chase anyone down :)
Posted by Picasa