Thursday, February 17, 2011

Must Love Dogs

Mia turned 2 two weeks ago and, although we had some camera malfunctions, it was such a great day. She had been asking for a "Princess Cake" for weeks and probably would have been content with that and nothing more.
 
 
-Mia is definitely a light in our house. She laughs and smiles all day long.
-She speaks amazingly well. When I put her to bed she says, "Bye Mom, see you soon!".
-Every time we get in the car (and regularly at home) she says, "I need a song." Or, "I need to dance." And she likes her music loud.
-She loves chocolate milk and drinks way too much of it.
-She is very independent. She has to open doors herself, she doesn't like to be carried, and she always has to put on her own shoes (she often tries to put on her own clothes, but will let me help with that).
-She always has so many "things" that she has to carry around the house, and her purse has come in very handy. Lately it's been the balloon Daddy got her for Valentines' Day (this has been so annoying because she seriously wants to take it everywhere), her princesses from her birthday cake, her FurReal friend (a little cat), and her horse from a gift Polly got her.
-She wears her boots all day long (it takes a tantrum to get them off). Even if she's not wearing anything else.
-She is a dream come true.

Also, Blayne got called to be in the branch presidency of the Spanish branch a few months ago. Mia's nursery leaders there (who don't speak any English), told me that she speaks Spanish very well. She tells them "Si", and always says she wants "mas" at snack time. What a hoot.

And, in completely unrelated news, we got a dog. I made the mistake of taking my kids to the animal shelter to "look" at the animals. Both the staff there and my kids were not going to let me leave without a pet. Having a puppy has been a HUGE pain. But my kids are in love with her, so what can you do?
 
 
Posted by Picasa