Monday, May 10, 2010

On Saturday we went to the zoo. The big deal of the day was that Mia threw her shoe into the fenced-off Pelican area (those are seriously freaky birds). A pelican picked it up and had it in it's scary bird mouth. I was going nuts because this was the second pair of the same shoes I had bought her and I did NOT want to buy another pair, so I was telling Blayne "You have to jump in there and get it! GET IT!" So Blayne starts whipping at the birds with a jacket to get them to drop the shoe and back away from the fence. Then Blayne jumps over the fence (totally illegal) grabs the shoe, and jumps back over the fence. I think it was the first "My dad's a HERO" moment for Darek. He talked about it for the rest of the day saying how Daddy jumped over the fence and the birds were going to eat him, but he got the shoe and jumped out. A Big Day.

Mia at the Zoo.
 

Darek got me a SpongeBob coloring book for Mothers' Day.
 

Talking to Uncle Kevin on Mothers' Day
 
Posted by Picasa